90 years

Today is a very special day. My Aunt Kay, my maternal grandpa's sister, turns 90 years old. She is the oldest living relative I have and complete matriarch of the family. Our birthdays are 3 days apart and growing up she would always validate me and my actions in a positive way.

I wasn't a bad kid...lol...I just had a sharp mouth and always said the most surprising things at the worst times (I've learned to curve it but it still happens from time to time.). When my parents got mad or frustrated, she would compare herself to me and tell them it was in our Libra blood. She was big on zodiac signs and would tell me to read up on being a Libra so I cold understand myself. I think that is why I am so comfortable being in my skin now, it's who I am.

Anyway, I thank her everyday and love her so much.

Happy birthday Aunt Kay!!!!

[My Ak and my uncle Harry.]


[Their wedding day. Classic.]

[Her style was impeccable.]

[My mom's 3rd birthday party.]

[AK at the state fair.]

[Our living room still looks just like this.]


[Her and I getting dressed for my mom's wedding.]


Once again, happy 90th AK!

Love.