Blog feature: thrift store du jour

Like I said I love thrifting but I like to refer to it as "a pickin". There are a lot of great shops/boutiques in the Chicagoland area, so before I leave town I wanted to highlight a couple of my favorite places.

Here I go....
1425 West 18th Street
Chicago, IL 60608
(312) 850-2510
Knee deep has a great selection of clothes and wearable accessories. My adult ADD keeps me from really diving in to the clothing area since my attention always drifts to the furniture section, then housewares, then jewelry.

It has a great hipster feel as soon as you walk in the door, with concert flyers on the front door and free neighborhood newspapers in the entry. My favorite spot is the dressing room you hit right before walking into the homeware area. There's this large old school, leopard chair with thrifted pillows and throws. LOVE!

When I was there the other day, I was looking at these vintage books that they take apart, add lined paper and bind back together, to make personal books/journals. They have this dog that almost made me pee my pants when it came around the counter but he's super friendly and kinda adds to the feel of the shop.
One of the other blogs I follow also had a great experience there 
---------------->Urban Casita<--------------

Check...check...check it out...frekkit...frekkit...frekkit...
(lol...sorry)


Love.