I love him?

Most of the time, I'm thankful to wake up to a man in my bed....








There's some mornings though, where I wake up to this....







That's right....



That's Santana hovering over me, while line of spit connects him to the plush gingerbread man on my cheek. 




But then, on random days, I walk in and find him like this....







perfectly peaceful....



 
and I love him all over again.

--

I'm fully aware that I have now given off the impression that I'm the "sad, single, cat lady" because I talk about Santana a lot. The truth is, I've had him since I was 18. He has endured heartache, lost friendships and family tradegy with me. I WOULD SOOOO judge someone if the shoe were on the other foot but I do love him as if he were my kid (the kid that's always in the priciple's office and getting suspended). People that don't have dogs don't understand, just as people who don't have kids don't understand.

I'm excited for the future, when I'm someone's wife and mom...until then though, I'm going to continue posting the many situations I find myself in with this rugrat. He doesn't take the place of missing love in my life, he is currently the unconditional love in my life.

Love.