A Pickin'...

Salutations everyone! Alright so my schedule has picked up a bit since I got the serving job, at a sports bar, in downtown Denver. I work Saturday morning but I'm hoping I can get all my projects done by the end of the weekend. We shall see...

First up. This Ikea table I found in my apartment building's trash room in Chicago. If I haven't mentioned it before, apartment buildings are GREAT resources when finding random pieces of furniture. Yes, you will feel and seem to others as a neighborhood predator but the pretty great stuff you find may be worth it. Reserve your stalking trips till the end/beginning of the month when people are moving out of their apartments, as they will be tossing things  they don't want to take to their new place.

I've been thinking about giving this table a new paint job, but making it feel like a painting rather then a table top. Stay tuned!

My second project is this chair I found in the free section on Craigslist. I had to drive to Golden to pick it up but I'm so happy I did. There's not a tear in the fabric at all. Now I know some of you are thinking "EWW! A marigold colored cushion?" Lol. That's what I thought too but I think with a good coat of white paint for the exterior and a well thought out accent pillow (maybe navy blue and white strips), this chair could end up looking rather chic.


While I was putting the table and chair back into the garage, I noticed a bunch of ceramic pots in the upper corner. I've been wanting to paint mustaches on SOMETHING...and I think I just found what I've been looking for. My aunt's garden is so gorgeous during the summer time and I've been wanting her to teach me how to pot flowers. It would be so cool to have flowers in pots that I designed. Yay!

Last but certainly not least are the collection of Polaroid cameras I found in a hutch in my aunt's dining room. AHHHHHHH....
Can you hear the angel's singing?!
Plus I found lots of unused film. Now I'm not naive enough to think the film is still good, but I'm going to keep my options open and play around with these coveted, pieces of gold, over the weekend. Cross your fingers (amen!) that I get some kind of pictures to share on Monday!


The ones I'm most excited to try are...
The Polaroid SX-70 Land Camera from 1972...1972!!!!

and The Polaroid Automatic 100 camera from 1963!...
I haven't been able to do any research so I don't know if there is any film I can buy or if these are even usable. The fact that they are so old makes my knees quiver so regardless, I'm still excited!

Love.